Construction Manager, Power & Automation job in Canada
Click here for more Construction Manager, Power & Automation jobs
Our client is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. They are a leader in large project engineering and construction in various heavy industries, with a presence in over 100 countries. Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
• Responsible for jobsite operations including onsite activities of our client, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives and others as may be assigned within area of responsibility.
• Responsible for the field workforce organization to ensure the jobsite organization is comprised of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, and ensures effective personnel utilization.
• Establish, coordinate and implement construction schedules, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
• Control jobsite expenditures in assigned area for labor, equipment, material and services and ensure field operations are within budget.
• Responsible for overall supervision of personnel in assigned area of responsibility.
• Ensure performance evaluations are conducted on assigned personnel and counseling programs are maintained.
• Ensure subordinate personnel receive progressive training to enable them to assume additional responsibilities.
• Responsible for craft resources as assigned and coordinates the activities with designated manager and corporate craft resources department.
• Administer a security plan and coordinate the activities with corporate security department.
• Responsible for administration of assigned area(s) contractual activities.
• Participate in contracts and subcontracts negotiations.
• Plan and implement procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to engineering designs, specifications, quality standards, schedules and budget.
• Responsible for coordination of construction operations to ensure they coincide with the overall established schedules.
• Maintain relationships with the company’s clients and their representatives, as assigned.
• Ensure our client and local/national regulatory safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with in assigned area of responsibility.
• Ensure the Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into all aspects of construction operations. Actively participate in scheduled safety meetings.
• Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities of engineering disciplines, construction technologies and jobsite management on a Smelter project.
• Knowledge of the Project Construction Environmental Control Plan.
• Knowledge of the Six Sigma program tools and methodologies.
• A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline,
• EPC experience