Flood risk modelling and flood risk assessment is central to the success of planning applications and Development Consent Orders (DCOs). Amec Foster Wheeler is currently supporting all of the nuclear new build projects in the UK, Heathrow Airport expansion and a number of National Grid high voltage line connection projects, in addition to a diverse range of specialised modelling studies for UK and international clients.
The successful candidate will integrate into a diverse team of hydraulic modellers, hydrologists and water professionals. As an experienced hydraulic modeller the successful candidate will work closely with the Discipline Lead to enhance and develop Amec Foster Wheeler’s service offering and to undertake client and stakeholder engagement.
Working as part of an integrated team of over 60 water management staff, there are opportunities to work across offices in the UK and to be involved with international projects. All Amec Foster Wheeler employees are supported and encouraged to continue professional development.
- Hydraulic Modelling
- Reviewing Hydraulic Models in line with quality assurance standards
- Mentor and train junior modellers
- Technical reporting and analysis
- Presentation of methodology and results to stakeholders.
- Task Management
- Specification and procurement of survey
- Development of modelling specification (including methodology, cost, programme) for proposals.
Skills & Qualifications
Ideally educated to MSc level in Engineering, Physical Geography or similar with a focus on rivers and hydrology, chartership with an appropriate organisation is preferred but not essential. We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of relevant experience in consultancy/regulatory environment who has excellent demonstrable hydraulic modelling skills and knowledge. It is expected that you will have experience and expertise in using the following hydraulic flood modelling software packages:
- Flood Modeller; TUFLOW; Linked Flood Modeller/TUFLOW and multiple domains modelling; InfoWorks ICM. Competence with other hydraulic modelling methods such as HEC-RAS, WIN-DES, EurOtop would be advantageous.
Experience of peer review for the above software packages would be advantageous and you will have an applied knowledge of catchment scale hydrological methods used to derive the input data for hydraulics model, such as FEH and ReFH methodologies. You will have excellent GIS (ArcMap or MapInfo) and spreadsheet/VBA skills, possing a detailed knowledge of NPPF and TAN15 with a good track record in contributing to the delivery of Flood Risk Assessments. It is important that you are an effective report writer, with excellent interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Searches
- Hydraulic Modeller Consultant Senior Consultant
- Hydraulic Modeller Consultant Senior Consultant in London
- Hydraulic Modeller Consultant Senior Consultant in England, United Kingdom
- Hydraulic Modeller Consultant Senior Consultant in United Kingdom
- Mining jobs in London
- Mining jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Mining jobs in United Kingdom
- Any Work
- United Kingdom
- Not Work
- All Engineering
- Other Technical
- Not Working
- North Alantic
- in Canada