CHIEF BRIDGE ENGINEER - CABLE STAY & LONG SPAN - ORTHOTROPIC DECK
LOCATION - DENMARK
CLIENT - MAJOR CONSULTING CO.
LANGAUGE - ENGLISH ESSENTIAL, OTHER EUROPEAN LANGUAGES AN ADVANTAGE
My client is a leading consulting ompany with major projects worldwide. They are seeking a Chief Bridge Engineer to be the technical center point of their newly developed department for gobal bridge group. This is a permanent position in the Danish Head Office with the intention to pursue career opportunities on new innovative projects in Denmark, Scandinavia and internationally.
Your responsibilities as Chief Bridge Engineer
You will become a key member of the project team for new major bridges, within the International Transport Division. The team is working with major projects and has a pipeline of several long span bridge projects on the domestic and international markets.
You will report directly to the Head of Department, and in your role you are expected to take an active part in the strategic development of the department as well as the division’s ambition to grow internationally within the field of major bridge engineering.
As Chief Bridge Engineer, you will take the role as the technical discipline lead on these iconic multidisciplinary projects. Depending on your interests, my client offers a comprehensive range of internal and external training that supports your development further.
Workplace will be the Head Office in Copenhagen but due to the nature of these international projects some traveling activities are to be expected.
We offer you flexible working hours, a very attractive and competitive salary for the right candidate, 6 weeks of paid holiday and the possibility to experience the exceptional work environment in my clients prestigeous Head Office, which is spacious and transparent with open offices supporting cross disciplinary and creative work processes. Our Head office is internationally recognized for being a world class modern work place, and is located in Copenhagen with excellent domestic and international communications nearby.
You and your competencies
You are a structural engineer with a minimum of fifteen to twenty years’ experience in various phases of major bridge projects with at least five years’ experience in the design of bridges to Eurocode. Extensive experience in the design and construction of major long span cable supported bridges is a requirement. If you are currently in a position where you would like to get more freedom to be the technical lead on these ground breaking and world record projects, this position is for you. Furthermore, you have the following qualifications:
- You are process oriented and able to focus on the customer, which typically is the contractor on these major infrastructure projects. You will be an important player in sales activities and tender projects. Creativity and adaptive mindset is essential.
- You have strong communication skills, experience in leading design teams, inspiring others and making sure your team works as a functioning unit and experience in mentoring junior team members. But foremost you are a highly skilled bridge design engineer with a broad knowledge within bridge technology.
- You must be fluent in English (spoken as well as written). It is not a requirement that you speak Danish, since many of your possible future colleagues only speak English. Working proficiency in further languages is beneficial.
Additionally, you have an outgoing personality and you thrive on cooperation in a dynamic environment.
Join the International Bridges department
In the International Bridges department we are responsible for design and planning of major bridge projects. Currently there are about 20 engineers working on the department. These are designers, technicians, FE-specialists and project managers. We have specific knowledge within wind engineering and long span bridge wind response analysis.
My client's Head Office have specialist departments providing services comprising bridge operation and maintenance, bridge inspections, bridge assessment, geotechnology, M&E-engineering, etc. We also work closely with bridge departments across the business units. In total there are almost 400 bridge engineers in all the business units. All together, we employ more than 12 000 ambitious experts, generate annual revenue of more than € 1 billion and constantly strive to achieve solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, the end users and society.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please apply below or forward a CV in confidence to Ben at Intec.
This is a permanent, full time position
= = =
Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
Intec (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).
= = =
Similar Job Searches
- Chief Bridge Engineer Intl Cable stay Long Span DENMARK
- Chief Bridge Engineer Intl Cable stay Long Span DENMARK in London
- Chief Bridge Engineer Intl Cable stay Long Span DENMARK in England, United Kingdom
- Chief Bridge Engineer Intl Cable stay Long Span DENMARK in United Kingdom
- Mining jobs in London
- Mining jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Mining jobs in United Kingdom
- Any Work
- Project Manager
- United Kingdom
- Not Work
- Project Construction
- All Engineering
- Other Technical