The team is at the forefront of providing policy, technical and economic advice on the development and implementation of environmental policy. As well as climate change, the team focuses on air quality, chemicals and water policy. We work with the European Commission, UK and other European government departments, international agencies, trade associations and individual companies across Europe and beyond. Our projects help to directly influence the development, implementation and improvement of environmental policy addressing some of the most challenging issues we face.
Examples of current or recent projects include; preparation of the European BAT guidance document for hydrocarbons exploration and production; assessment of the Medium Combustion Plant Directive; evaluation of the Fuel Quality Directive and development of the UK plan to meet 2020 and 2030 emissions ceilings under the NECD as well as implementation reviews across a variety of legal acts on behalf of the European Commission.
Working in international, multi-disciplinary teams, you will provide policy development and implementation analysis; evaluate existing policy and technical measures; support cost-benefit analyses and carry out stakeholder consultation. You will have the ability to draft reports and deliver verbal presentations in English to a high standard.
Alongside project delivery we are seeking someone who can manage individual projects, write winning proposals, contribute toward business development and aid the development of more junior colleagues.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to Master’s degree level in environmental policy, science, engineering, law, economics, social sciences or a closely related subject. We would typically expect 5 to 10 years’ of relevant experience within consultancy, government, research or industry.
You will have knowledge of one or more of the following topics:
- EU and UK air quality legislation and strategies;
- Industrial Emissions Directive, including development and / or application of Best Available Techniques guidance;
- causes and effects of air pollutants;
- emission inventories and projections;
- conventional and unconventional fuels;
- emission management and control technologies and measures;
You will be familiar with the process of policy development and implementation; evaluation of technical and policy measures; cost-benefit analysis; data collection, validation and analysis.
You should have the ability to interact with policy makers at national and/or international level and to write reports in English to a professional standard.
In addition it would be advantageous to demonstrate experience of the following:
- Scope, plan, monitor and execute project methodologies
- Client and subcontractor communication and management
- Organisation of staff resources, including coordination across multiple projects to set priorities
- Ability to plan ahead and work to deadlines
- Set, manage and monitor project budgets and expenses
- Write proposals to win new work
- Generate new business leads and identify opportunities for new service offerings
- Develop existing and new client relationships
Similar Job Searches
- Snr Environmental Policy Consultant Emissions AQ
- Snr Environmental Policy Consultant Emissions AQ in London
- Snr Environmental Policy Consultant Emissions AQ in England, United Kingdom
- Snr Environmental Policy Consultant Emissions AQ in United Kingdom
- Mining jobs in London
- Mining jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Mining jobs in United Kingdom
- Any Work
- United Kingdom
- Not Work
- All Engineering
- Other Technical
- Not Working